Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Can I store daffodil bulbs for 10 months?

We're getting married next April and would love to give out flower bulbs (beautifully presented, of course!) as wedding favors to our guests, and I just found someone with 2 five gallon buckets of daffodil bulbs that they're getting rid of.


My question is this: Will they still be "plantable" for next April if I clean them throughly, and store them in a paper bag in a cool dark closet until then? Thanks ahead for all serious answers!





Some possibly helpful information: If I HAD to plant them I could. I live in zone 7, but it's pretty dry here (Fort Worth, TX) and I'm worried they wouldn't survive. We'll be getting married in a zone 6 location.

Can I store daffodil bulbs for 10 months?
Store them carefully, dark, dry but not too low humidity, and cool and they should be just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment