Friday, November 13, 2009

Daffodil stems not dying back?

I transplanted some daffodils in the winter to my front flower bed. Their leaves have STILL not died back - and it's June. Do I cut them back at the base and lay them on top of where the bulbs will sprout?

Daffodil stems not dying back?
No. They are soaking up energy from the sun and putting it into making bigger bulbs for when they bloom or next time.Some of mine have already done their thing, but I have them planted amongst other plants. That way they don't show much when they start turning yellow and die back. They used to say you could tie them when they were turning yellow, but I think it interferes with their whole system.
Reply:let them go.. eventually, they'll die back. They are regenerating your bulbs so you'll have daffs next spring.. it's the price you pay for those early flowers.





be patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment